*** Technical Writer (In-House) ***
Currently seeking an Aerospace Technical Writer full-time for a 6 month contract opportunity in Fort Worth, Texas
- Organizes, writes, and publishes documentation using established standards for format, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology. Participates in reviews to validate technical data, and ensures customer standards and requirements are achieved.
- May provide library and technical research services
- Assembles data for inclusion in technical manuals by investigating and collecting product descriptive data; and
- developing the most effective way to present material to enhance reader understanding.
- Maintains an accepted level of quality for the organization's technical publications by preparing and
- writing technical orders, descriptions, procedures, reports, and instructions; and applying policy guidelines,
- specifications, and subject knowledge.
- Prepares accurate changes to technical manuals by analyzing all available source data, such as drawings,
- wiring diagrams, schematics, engineering hardware and software documentation, test reports, technical manuals,
- military and commercial specifications; and creating the most appropriate method for presenting the data.
- Creates and revises technical manual data by using computerized publishing systems. Helps validate technical data by participating in the planning and support of reviews.
Education and Experience
- Completion of related trade school program, AA, or equivalent external training. Demonstrated ability to
- perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through four years of related experience in
- technical publications, and/or librarian or technical support disciplines.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of commercial or military aerospace systems, assembly and test processes General Engineering
- clearly and effectively interpret technical information and prepare technical text to effectively communicate that
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”