Supply Chain Manager/ Manufacturing Engineer/ Procurement
Currently seeking a Supply Chain Manager to support on an ongoing (Indefinite) contract (30-35 hours per week) in Charlotte, North Carolina (Must live within suitable distance of Charlotte). The Supply Chain Manager must possess a strong Manufacturing Engineer background along with "shop floor" management experience within an Aerospace Manufacturing setting.
Are you working and or seeking a new opportunity? Please see below for further details.
- The resource will be responsible for providing onsite support at various major systems, airframe, and tooling suppliers located regionally in Charlotte, NC. Depending on the candidate’s home location, the position could require a substantial amount of travel (driving) to/from suppliers. Approximately 90% of the resource's time will be spent onsite at a supplier facility.
- The resource will be a member of a Supply Chain Management Team that our customer uses to minimize disruptions to the supply chain by providing "in the field" oversight of supplier execution. Daily activities include: working with supplier personnel to prioritize components through manufacturing, validating the status of the deliverable parts and providing detailed status to procurement, preparing plans to reduce/prevent shortages, identifying risks in the supply chain, and developing risk mitigation plans to minimize the potential impact to the customer.
- Candidates should have an understanding of production processes as they relate to aircraft systems components and avionics equipment, machined part fabrication, tooling fabrication, and lean manufacturing. The candidate should be a self-starter that is capable of analyzing supplier processes and developing improvement plans in
- Supply Chaing and Program Management support for multiple programs. The resources's job is to provide onsite support at various suppliers’ facilities in order to mitigate any and all supply chain risks and constraints.
- The position requires a thorough understanding of both Airframe and Major System’s manufacturing procedures and production processes.
- Desired candidate must exhibit excellent people skills as close interaction with suppliers, sub-tier suppliers, and other technical and administrative employees will be required.
- Candidate must be able to be mentored/trained by other technical employees on legacy program processes and design standards.
- Experience with SAP/ERP system desirable.
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Candidate must be proficient in reading, writing and speaking English.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools is also required.
- MUST HAVE ACCESS TO PERSONAL LAPTOP, CELLPHONE, AND INTERNET CONNECTION