Quality Inspector (Electrical)
Currently seeking a Quality Inspector (Electromechanical) to support on a part time contract (20-25 hours per week) in the Jackson, MI location. The Quality Inspector will be supporting onsite at 1 supplier location on going throughout the year. Please see below for further details.
- Verifies completed product to purchase order, drawing and associated specifications. Ability to adequately inspect Aerospace level electronic components and assemblies. Includes CCA or PWB for industry specifications such as J-STD-001 and IPC 610. Previous
- The quality inspector shall travel to one supplier facility to perform visual and dimensional inspections on manufactured parts, assemblies, and / or sub-assemblies.
- Parts will be inspected to engineering drawings, customer purchase order(s), industry standards, and specifications.
- The inspector will be required to report inspection accept / reject information directly to the customer via web application.
- Include but not limited to Complex Electrical, Power Supply, Printed Circuit Board (PWB), Printed Wiring Assemblies (PWA) Radio Frequency, Soldering, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, Weld/Braze, Heat treat, Composites, Optics, Manufacturing, Liquid Penetrant, Radiography, Ultrasonic, Mag Particle, Visual, Eddy Current, Surface Mount Technology, Polymeric.
- Candidate must have practical experience performing in-process and final inspections on machined parts, assemblies, and / or sub-assemblies.
- The inspections will be performed to engineering requirements specified per ANSI Y14.5 – Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) or equivalent standard.
- Must have the ability to read / interpret engineering drawings and Purchase Orders (POs).
- The candidate must have experience using various mechanical inspection tools, such as micrometers and calipers.
- Experience performing First Article Inspections (FAIs) in accordance to the AS9102 standard and knowledge of applicable industry standards like IPC-A-610 or equivalent is highly desired.
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years’ experience performing inspections in aerospace or military / defense manufacturing with proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Comfortable working as an independent contractor (1099).
- Must have personal lap top, cell phone, and internet access