*** Supplier Quality Management Engineer ***
Seeking an Aerospace Supplier Quality Management Engineer for a part-time contract opportunity for (8-16 hours per week) in Santa Ana, California
Skills & Experience:
- Self-motivated individual who possesses the ability to effectively analyze, organize, and prioritize assignments as an Independent Supplier Quality Management Engineering Contractor.
- Must be J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610 certified
- Demonstrate effective verbal/written communication skills required for interacting with all levels of personnel (e.g. operators and technicians, Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality, and Senior Management).
- Possess a BSEE degree (preferred) or BSME degree
- 10-years of related experience (Preferred) in the areas of electro-mechanical inspection and test of circuit cards including familiarity with coupon testing, circuit artwork design and layout, registration, continuity testing, functional testing and other processes associated with the manufacture and build of circuit cards.
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret documents (i.e. procedures, blueprints/technical drawings, etc.) and use necessary measuring devices/equipment to verify component/product acceptance.
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Working knowledge of circuit cards and including the use of Gerber data.
- Ability to inspect to IPC-6011 “Generic Performance Specification for Printed Boards” and IPC-6012 “Qualification and Performance Specification for Rigid Printed Boards” and IPC-6013 “Qualification and Performance Specification for Flexible/Rigid Flexible Printed Boards”.
- Abide by all safety, quality, housekeeping and company policies/procedures during supplier visits.
- Review and evaluate the suppliers processes and applicable documentation/specifications for accuracy and compliance and that they are capable of meeting drawings, specifications and workmanship requirements flowed down to the supplier required for hardware approval/acceptance.
- Perform in-process and final inspections.
- Witness component/product testing and review test results for content, accuracy and compliance.
- Facilitate and coordinate various activities in an efficient and timely manner at the supplier’s facility to troubleshoot and solve technical problems (as required).
- Conduct supplier process audits to assure that the processes are consistently capable of producing compliant product and conduct system audits to ensure that the supplier’s QMS is compliant to ISO 9000 and/or AS9100 requirements (as applicable).
- Responsible for all hardware acceptance at supplier’s facility.
- Provide updates and documentation related to product acceptance and shipments to the appropriate personnel.
- Assist in the closure of Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCARS) and Nonconforming Material Requests.
- Regional travel is required to fulfill the requirements of this position.
- Specific vision abilities required include close/distance vision, peripheral/depth perception and ability to focus.
- Position entails exposure to typical manufacturing environment inclusive of the appropriate eye, hearing and foot protection (as required).
- Temperature of work environment may be affected by outside temperatures and manufacturing processes.