***Mechanical Source Inspector***
Seeking an Aerospace Mechanical Inspector in Savannah, Georgia to support part-time (4 hours bi-weekly) for 1 year
The mechanical quality inspector shall travel to various supplier facilities to perform visual and dimensional inspections on manufactured parts, assemblies, and / or sub-assemblies. Parts will be inspected to engineering drawings, customer purchase order(s), industry standards, and specifications. The inspector will be required to report inspection accept / reject information directly to the customer via web application.
The ability to understand complex engineering drawings and specification per ANSI-Y 14.5)
- Minimum of 6 years of hands-on experience in the aircraft industry performing product verification and supplier surveillance tasks.
- The ability to speak, read, and write in English with effective communication skills.
- Extensive broad-ranging aircraft commodity knowledge and experience encompassing structures, mechanical assemblies, precision machined parts, sheet metal parts, fasteners, castings and forgings, engines, hydraulics, electrical components, electrical systems, avionics, raw materials, and consumables.
- Familiarity with the following special processes: welding, coatings, NDT, heat treat, and bonding.
- Must be familiar with First Article Inspections and Flight Safety Products.
- Experience with Digital Data - reading/interpreting only.
- Navigation/programming experience not required. Comfortable working as an independent contractor.