*** Source Inspector ***
Seeking an Aerospace Source Inspector in CT for various suppliers- approx. 30 hours per week
- The quality inspector shall travel to various supplier facilities to perform visual and dimensional inspections on manufactured parts, assemblies, and / or sub-assemblies.
- Parts will be inspected to engineering drawings, customer purchase order(s), industry standards, and specifications.
- The inspector will be required to report inspection accept / reject information directly to the customer via web application.
- Candidate must have practical experience performing in-process and final inspections on machined parts, assemblies, and / or sub-assemblies.
- The inspections will be performed to engineering requirements specified per ANSI Y14.5 – Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) or equivalent standard.
- Must have the ability to read / interpret engineering drawings and Purchase Orders (POs). The candidate must have experience using various mechanical inspection tools, such as micrometers and calipers. Experience performing First Article Inspections (FAIs) in accordance to the AS9102 standard.
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years experience performing inspections in aerospace or military / defense manufacturing with proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel.