Seeking an Mechanical Inspector in the Naples, FL full time for 8 months.
With limited guidance in a team environment, responsible for various semi‐complex inspection requirements
- Maintain accurate and up‐to‐date acceptance and rejection records as required by the applicable specifications.
- Determine acceptance or rejection after inspection Identify defective conditions and test failures and prepare all appropriate documentation history.
- Perform semi‐complex inspection on detailed machined parts using a wide variety of measuring instruments to determine acceptability or rejections of parts and/or parts finish.
- Adapt and develop inspection set‐ups to check sample parts, forgings and castings. Check tool and jig layouts.
- Perform first article and envelope inspection, source inspections, and/or semi‐complex surface plate set‐ups.
- Interpret specifications, charts, manuals and other data to arrive at acceptance or rejection. Use mathematics to convert blueprint dimension and tolerances. Work within the guidelines of drawings, schematics, blueprints, route sheets, travelers, quality directives, technical engineering specifications, customer's requirements and military standards.
- Layout and measure hole locations and centerlines on castings, forgings, and machine parts to maintain control of machining cycle during manufacture.
- Determine acceptance or rejection after inspecting parts, tools, instruments. Support engineering / operations to identify causes of defective conditions and test failures and prepare all appropriate documentation.
- Perform inspections to applicable specifications within assembly, test and receiving departments.
- Preferred experience of CMM operations, background in dimensioning and tolerancing per ANSI Y 14.5.
- Knowledge of applicable military standards or specifications required.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting blueprints, customer's specifications and internal drawings and procedures.
- Possess working knowledge of shop mathematics including trigonometry.
- May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must demonstrate effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with others and be a participative team player.
- Must demonstrate adaptability and resiliency to changing tasks or priorities
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”