Quality Inspector (Electrical )
Currently seeking a Quality Inspector to support on a part time contract (20 hours a month) on going throughout the year. The Quality Inspector will be going into 1 supplier in Alpharetta, GA.
Are you working and or seeking a new opportunity within your schedule? Please see below for further details.
- Verify completed product to purchase order, drawing and associated specificatons. Ability to adequately inspect Aerospace level electronic components and assemblies. Includes CCA or PWB for industry specifications such as J-STD and IPC.
- The quality inspector shall travel to various supplier facilities to perform visual and dimensional inspections on manufactured parts, assemblies, and / or sub-assemblies.
- Parts will be inspected to engineering drawings, customer purchase order(s), industry standards, and specifications.
- The inspector will be required to report inspection accept / reject information directly to the customer via web application.
- Include but not limited to complex electrical, power supply, PCB, PWB, PWA, soldering, GD&T, and basic NDT knowledge.
- Candidate must have practical experience performing in-process and final inspections on machined parts, assemblies, and / or sub-assemblies.
- The inspections will be performed to engineering requirements specified per ANSI Y14.5 – Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) or equivalent standard.
- Must have the ability to read / interpret engineering drawings and Purchase Orders (POs).
- The candidate must have experience using various mechanical inspection tools, such as micrometers and calipers.
- Experience performing First Article Inspections (FAIs) in accordance to the AS9102 standard and knowledge of applicable industry standards like IPC-A-610 or equivalent is highly desired.
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years experience performing inspections in aerospace or military / defense manufacturing with proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Comfortable working as an independent contractor (1099).
- Must have personal lap top, cell phone, and internet access